This post is also available in: Bulgarian
Hello lovely friends! Because of the cold winter weather outside I’m inviting you at home where we will take care for our healthy and beautiful hair. With a few easy and nourishing homemade hair masks (which I found around the internet, but slightly changed to fit my taste) will revitalize your hair quickly. Let’s start!
1. Nourishing egg hair mask – Eggs contain a number of nutrients that will greatly affect your hair. On the Internet you can even find interesting recipes for homemade egg shampoo, but let’s return to the mask. It is very easy to make and your hair will instantly be nourished with all vital nutrients.
- 1 egg;
- 1 cup of milk
- the juice of one lemon for a fresh feeling;
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or the way I do it – add Moroccanoil argan oil, which is also very nourishing;
- 1 tablespoon honey
- shower hat.
Beat well the egg in a small bowl. Then add the milk, honey and olive oil (or argan oil) to the egg and beat again. Add the lemon juice to the mixture. It will give a fruity sensation of freshness to your scalp. Blend well all ingredients again. Use a brush (you can use a makeup brush, it is easy to clean it afterwards) to spread the mixture on your hair starting from the roots and gradually spread downwards to the lengths. Cover your head with a shower hat or nylon and leave it for 30-40 minutes, maybe even one hour if you have more free time. Then wash well with shampoo and conditioner.
2.Homemade hair mask with avocado and olive oil – Besides adoring eating avocados, they are very widely used ingredient in various hair products. This is due to their rich content of nourishing and hydrating substances. The avocado mask is suitable for dry hair for helping its recovery, making it softer and more alive. It will have a good effect on your hair right now during the winter months when it is severely damaged.
- 1 small, but fully ripe and soft avocado;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can use almond oil or Moroccanoil argan oil, as in the previous recipe);
- ½ cup milk;
- shower hat.
Mash or blend in a small bowl the avocado to a smooth puree, if the avocado is fully ripe you can use only a fork. Add the milk and the olive oil (almond or argan oil) and mix the mixture again. Apply to the hair roots along the entire length. Cover your hair with shower hat and leave the mask to work at least for 1 hour. When you wash your hair you may not use a conditioner or mask because the avocados and the oil will have taken care of this.
3.Washing – After the homemade hair masks I recommend you to use a weaker shampoo for daily use, which doesn’t aggravate your hair. It will be good for you to use some comprehensive volume series because it will wash the hair well and will leave you with feeling of freshness and lightness. I recently used the volume series of Italian brand BIOPOINT for visibly large and healthy hair. It has a great impact on my thin hair, leaving it soft and shiny. The series consists of a shampoo, a conditioner and a spray for volume. You can find BIOPOINT in the DM drugstores, Lilly and Remedium quite affordable, in my opinion.
4. Final touches – As a final before I dry my hair I always like to add a few drops of my serums for dry ends. With them I can easily unplait my hair and in addition I like how it smells. Currently I combine one drop of Satinique (rich in argan and avocado oil) with the crystals from the Kerastase Chronologiste series ( in one old post I told you more about it).
Which is your favorite homemade hair mask?